Tarnaby Hatchet Axe - Backwoods Bushcraft
Since 1697, Hults Bruk Tarnaby is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel.
This Tarnaby is a perfect light weight hatchet for camping. Easy to use for making kindling, cutting small firewood, even fine carving. The Tarnaby is a life long all-purpose tool for the home, camp or backwoods bushcraft wilderness survival. The head is the classic standard pattern axe head intended for tasks such as doing light clearing and any number of backcountry jobs. The axe can be worn on a belt or easily tucked into a backpack.
Solid Swedish Steel & American Hickory
- "Tarnaby" Standard Pattern shaped head
- 1.25 lb head, 16" handle
- Total weight 2.2 lbs.
- Egg shape eye
- Round wedge fixture
- American Hickory handle
- Ergonomic Straight shape handle treated with linseed oil.
- Solid Swedish steel
- Tempered cutting edge
- Leather sheath (Replacement sheaths are available)
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.