Tibro Carpenters Axe - Backwoods Bushcraft
Regular price $189.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Since 1697, Hults Bruk Tibro is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel.
It offers a narrow, long and perfectly straight knife-ground edge and a medium length handle. Easy to use for making kindling, cutting small firewood, even fine carving. The Almike is a life long all-purpose tool for the home, camp or backwoods bushcraft wilderness survival. The head is the classic turpentine pattern axe head intended for tasks such as doing light clearing and any number of backcountry jobs. The axe can be worn on a belt or easily tucked into a backpack.
Solid Swedish Steel & American Hickory
- "Tibro" German Pattern shaped head
- 1.75 lb head, 20" handle
- Total weight 2.75 lbs.
- Egg shape eye
- Round wedge fixture
- American Hickory handle
- Ergonomic curved shape handle treated with linseed oil.
- Solid Swedish steel
- Tempered cutting edge
- Leather sheath (Replacement sheaths are available)
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.